Snakeden Hollow State Fish & Wildlife Area
Snakeden Hollow Hunting Areas
Teal hunting is offered here during the statewide season. Dove hunting is allowed through Sept. 30, at which time the site closes to establish a waterfowl refuge. Goose hunting by permit commences at the opening of the central Illinois quota zone goose season. Archery deer and upland game are available by permit only and are subject to various site-specific restrictions. Upland game is also available by free permit at the Victoria Pheasant Habitat Area.
Disabled access dove and goose hunting facilities are available for those with the proper credentials.
SITE REGULATIONS - GENERAL:
1. The site closes October 1 to all use except permit hunting through the close of the Central IL Quota Zone season.
2. Hunters under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
3. Severe weather and safety conditions can result in closing all or part of the area.
4. It will be unlawful to possess or consume alcoholic beverages while hunting in the area.
5. All hunters using these areas must report to the check station to complete information cards and to turn in hunting licenses (or Firearm Owners Identification Card, if exempt from having a hunting license). If the check station is not manned all hunters must register in the box provided.
SITE REGULATIONS - WATERFOWL:
1. Goose permit reservations will be accepted starting in September. Initial acceptance dates, methods, and application for making reservations will be publicly available in July. Applications are available after that date by calling the IDNR Permit office at 217/782-7305 or online at http://dnr.state.il.us/admin/systems/index.htm.
2. All goose hunting will be from Designated blind sites and hunters must occupy sites within (1) hour after registering at the check station.
3. Regular season goose hunting will cease at 1:00 p.m.
4. Upon vacating the blind sites, hunters must report to the check station within one (1) hour.
5. All goose hunting parties must hunt over a minimum of 6 decoys of at least standard size.
6. The site will be open to any goose hunting seasons that occur after the Central Zone Goose season and closed for any seasons that occur before the Central Zone goose season.
7. Teal Hunting is not restricted to blind sites.
SITE REGULATIONS - UPLAND AND FOREST WILDLIFE:
1. Archery Deer hunters must obtain a permit from the site office.
2. Upland hunting will be allowed only if the Central Zone goose season ends before upland season. A drawing will be held.
3. Dove hunting is non-toxic shot only, steel 6 or bismuth 7 ½, or smaller. A drawing will be held at 11:00 a.m. Sept. 1-5 at the site office if there are more hunters than can be accommodated.
Fishing, and picnicking.
For further information please contact: Site Superintendent, 1936 IL Route 167, P.O. Box 295, Victoria, IL 61485, (309) 879-2607.
One mile east of Victoria on Illinois Route 167. 2497 total acres .