Elmer Miller Park & Plum Creek Center

Quick Facts

Elmer Miller Park & Plum Creek Center

Indiana

(219) 865-2505

Map

Things To Do

Historic Sites
Hiking
Picnicking
RVing

Overview

4.0 Acres. A historic community park located immediately adjacent to the south of the Dyer Town Hall. It is bordered on the east and south by the winding Plum Creek. It was named after Elmer Miller who was both a Town Board member and a Clerk-Treasurer in Dyer in the 1940's. The land was received as a donation to the Town of Dyer to be used as a public park for 999 years. It has an open pavilion, playground equipment, 4 horseshoe pits (temporarily removed) and a full basketball court. The shelter is rented out for picnics upon reservation. Many summer park activities have been held in this park. In 2008, the parking lot between this park and the Town Hall was repaved along with the installation of curbs. In 2009 a pedestrian pathway leading to a pedestrian bridge over Plum Creek was added as the access the new Plum Creek Center activity center. As a part of this project new park entrance signs were added for the Park and the Center. In 2010, it is planned to re-surface the basketball court, update the electric at the shelter and re-construct the horseshoe pits that were removed to improve the parking lot.

Map of Elmer Miller Park & Plum Creek Center

Latitude, Longitude: 41.493375, -87.521659

READ MORE

Phone Numbers

Primary

(219) 865-2505

Links