McNary Lock & Dam, Lake Wallula
McNary Beach Park
McNary Beach Park is a 118-acre day-use park located on the Oregon side of the Columbia River at River Mile (RM) 293, at the foot of Lake Wallula, the reservoir behind McNary Dam. McNary Beach is long and narrow, running 1 1/2 miles along the Oregon shore, with the downstream quarter being a developed picnic and beach area. The park is under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Upstream of McNary Beach is Hat Rock State Park and Warehouse Beach, another Corps of Engineers Recreation Area. Lewis and Clark first passed through this area on October 19, 1805.
3 miles east of Umatilla on Highway 730, 1.0 miles north on Port of Umatilla Road to McNary Beach Recreation Area entrance road.