Yosemite National Park

Yosemite National Park

Tuolumne Meadows Ranger Station

Latitude, Longitude: 37.876932, -119.346202

The Tuolumne Meadows Ranger Station and Comfort Stations are examples of National Park Service Rustic design in Yosemite National Park. The ranger station was built in 1924 using peeled log construction. The ranger station doubled as the park entrance station for the Tioga Road. Its function was partly superseded by a newer structure in 1936, using larger quantities of stonework. Later structures, such as the comfort station, was designed by the National Park Service Branch of Plans and Designs and was built by Civilian Conservation Corps labor. Other structures, including bunk houses and mess halls were built in the historic district at the same time to similar design standards. The original CCC messhall, built in 1934, has become the Tuolumne Meadows Visitor Center.

Directions

From Highway 395 turn west onto Highway 120 (Tioga Road). From Yosemite Valley take Big Oak Flat Road to Highway 120 and turn right. Along the roadway leading to Tuolumne Lodge, shuttle stop #3.